My Little Black Book

Home arrow Q & A arrow Swimming pool not on original house plan: What should we do now?
Swimming pool not on original house plan: What should we do now? PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 22 April 2013

We recently bought a house which was built in the early 60s. The swimming pool on the property was never included on the building plan lodged with the local municipality. How do we go about fixing this problem?

Les has responded to our reader as follows:

The municipalities are now required to see that the approved plans reflect what is physically on the property and that the buildings conform to the Zoning and the National Building Regulations.  It is also no longer legal for an owner to sell a property where there are unapproved alterations in place and corrections to the approved plan has to be made before any sale takes place.

Where no plans have been approved then the municipalities require that a formal plan be submitted showing the illegal work.

EthernetIt is highly recommended to always Toshiba Satellite Pro R950 Sound Driver 1.12.1800 use the most recent driver version available. With Audio Boost we'Re delivering the highest audio quality so you can enjoy crystal clear sound and music in games.

You would need to contact a local SACAP (Architectural Council) registered person to draw up a plan for you and have them submit it to your local municipality. Your municipality building department may be able to give you the names of registered people who can assist you. There may be penalties involved when the plans are submitted as the work was done without approval.

< Prev   Next >


L A Design Studio
SIPS Kit Houses

Copyright © 2018 All About Building
Website copyright (C) 2005-2008 SnapSites - All rights reserved.