My Little Black Book


Who's Online

Do I need to submit deviation plans if I change something during the build? PDF Print E-mail
Wednesday, 19 September 2012

I have approved council plans for a new house that has been built. However, during building works the client made several fairly large changes. Do I need to get deviation plans passed at council before getting an occupation certificate and would the client have to pay for plan submission fees again?

Les replied to this reader as follows:-

Thank you for your enquiry.

The regulation states that no work may be started without the plans having been approved by the municipality. Because of the nature of building work and the delays involved in getting pre-approval for minor alterations during the building phase, many municipalities turn a blind eye but amended plans must be submitted and approved before any Occupation Certificate will be issued by a municipality.

Full scrutiny fees will only be applied to new work that includes additional coverage (additional roofed area). Internal changes, provided that they comply with the relevant SANS codes will normally only attract the basic submission fee but it will be treated as a normal submission from a time and process point of view.

Added support for DDC-Ci MCCS Acer ICONIA Camera Driver over the DisplayPort AUX channel. How can I get past this Phoenix SecureCore Tiano Setup.

There is also always the possibility that the municipality might charge additional fees (fines) for what is in reality unauthorized work but this will be their call.

I hope that this helps.

< Prev   Next >


L A Design Studio
SIPS Kit Houses

Copyright © 2018 All About Building
Website copyright (C) 2005-2008 SnapSites - All rights reserved.