My Little Black Book


Who's Online

What are the Municipal requirements for a home office? PDF Print E-mail
Monday, 17 January 2011

 Louis wrote in with the following question:

I want to work from home or rather convert it into an office.

I heard someone say that if the room/building is under 50 sq. metres then I won't have to get permission from the Municipality to run a business from home.

It won't be a noisy business - a real estate agency with two agents.

Les advised the following:

The rules for running any business from home differs from Municipality to Municipality and even from suburb to suburb in some cases.

Generally though, one can run a business from home provided that the parking criteria have been met (usually four off street bays), that no goods are sold on the the premises to the public and that there is a permanent resident in the house.

Tweak and tune your Gigabyte GA-7VAX1394 Lan Driver 6.15 modem in 3 minutes.

There may, however, also be other regulations relating to signage that you would need to check on. The area restriction of 50m² does not seem to be a criteria with the Municipalities that I checked on.

I hope that this helps you.

< Prev   Next >


L A Design Studio
SIPS Kit Houses

Copyright © 2019 All About Building
Website copyright (C) 2005-2008 SnapSites - All rights reserved.