My Little Black Book

Home arrow Q & A
Q & A

Feel free to send in your questions and we will ask our experts, sponsors, advertisers and technical folk to try and answer those puzzling questions.

Building a granny flat: Where do I start? PDF Print E-mail
Answers To Your Building Questions
Thursday, 17 July 2014

I wonder if you could give me a bit of advice. I have the opportunity to build a house/granny flat on my parents property which is reasonably large. Where do I start? Who do I contact to see what size house/granny flat can be built? How do I contact them etc? I would really appreciate any advice you could offer me.

Les replied to this reader as follows:

The first point to note is that the Zoning Regulations have recently changed and it now allows for a separate, 120sqm second dwelling to be constructed on a property zoned "single residential".

The second point to note is that the building line distances have changed and both side and rear building setbacks are now 2m for properties over 400sqm.

Hi Capacity Equivalent of SAMSUNG Samsung R510-FS0H VGA Driver VP D101I Battery Charger 7. Driver Doctor - Best Device Driver Update Software Acer Aspire Ethos 5943G Notebook Intel SATA AHCI Driver 9.

(1m for properties under 400sqm) The third point is that where a second dwelling is built, two additional off street parking bays will need to be provided (additional that is, to what has been provided for the main dwelling).  The only place where all this information can be verified is with your local municipality building department.

The prudent appointment of an architect or competent designer will be essential to ensuring that you get the best value for your money and that the value of your investment is increased and not decreased because of poor design or planning.

I trust that this will assist you.

<< Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>

Results 1 - 51 of 95


SIPS Kit Houses
L A Design Studio

Copyright © 2019 All About Building
Website copyright (C) 2005-2008 SnapSites - All rights reserved.